Aventon Level Review – $1.6k Class 3 Commuting Ebike Posted in Videos By Michael G Posted on May 11, 2020 Tagged electric bicycles , electric bike videos , electric bikes Author: ElectricBikeReview.com via YouTube We're a leading ebike store, and we can't wait to help you find an electric bike that meets all your needs and, most importantly, your budget. Since then, it has grown to 100 employees bent on making good bikes at affordable prices. Despite the hysteria of cheating, you have to work hard, which means you can get a good workout with the strength at your fingertips. If you need a fast, comfortable ride to work, you'll probably be looking for a light bike with a powerful battery and engine. All Rights Reserved. (and it’s not even that much), Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos. A commuter bike should be comfortable. Despite the lack of lighting, the Aventon Level is a huge win for an electric commuter bike. Obviously, the most important consideration when purchasing an electric commuter bike is its ability to get you to work. (Obviously I do NOT recommend doing the standing test on a typical cheap rack, or probably any rack. The Aventon Level is comfortable to pedal and smooth to ride — it’s as simple as that. Aside from the motor, there are several variables that can affect the ebike driving range, and here you can read more about our motor requirements and range estimates. We’re proud to introduce the newest bike to the Aventon lineup, the Level Step-Through, already hailed the ultimate urban commuter ebike by Electric Bike Review in its traditional frame. An e-bike commuter offers you all the benefits of commuting, as well as: -Eliminates the physical challenges of cycling, -Helps you calibrate your level of physical activity. Want to see even more e-bikes? One of the biggest benefits for purchasing an ebike is the appeal of less traffic. Aventon Level e-bike … While I would have loved to see a torque sensor added to the pedal assist to give the most accurate pedal assist response, the cadence sensor is still pretty good for pedal assist activation. It’s built with the same proven motor technology as the Pace 500 but with geometry and convenience features for urban riders. With an assisted ride, simple pace, and a relaxed pace, an electric commuter bike is designed to get you to the office with intent and style. Very comfortable and a joy to ride. Aventon Forum Aventon was launched in 2013 with the introduction of an entry-level, fixed gear bicycle. Errands are a breeze with an electric shuttle wheel, and there's always workout. Electric bicycles in the US are usually divided into 3 Classes. Commuting by ebike means a safe, comfortable trip – making your destination feel clean and new. An electric city bike might excel in taking you around town for work and errands, but there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't take you out for fun with friends and family. The bike also looks very elegant with that integrated battery. But it's absolutely essential to find the bike you're going to be able to ride for the foreseeable future. The centrally mounted LED screen is giant and easy to read with a quick glance. Did you know, studies have shown that ebike riding is safer than any other form of transportation? And low price doesn’t come at the cost of packaging, support, and bike durability. Once you get the hang of them, they're really no more difficult to learn or ride than an easy, ordinary bike. I love not getting nickeled and dimed for accessories. 81% (148) 13% (24) 4% (8) 1% (1) 1% (2) j. j.c. Contest starts on April 1 and ends on July 31, 2020. Additional restrictions apply. (It took me a little while to figure out how to get the front fender to not rub against the tire - maybe the instructions could be a little more explicit, or maybe I was reading them wrong - but I got there.). blixbike.com. It’s a level 3 e-bike in the US, meaning you can get up to 28 mph (45 km/h) if you add some pedal assist, or 20 mph (32 km/h) if you’re feeling tired and just want to use the throttle. And Aventon is a straight-up company that gives you honest range ratings for all of its different operating modes, including throttle-only and on each pedal assist level. For an extended trip, you're going to want a bike that both runs like the wind and has an incredible range so you won't run out of charge when you're just halfway to your destination. And the Aventon Level electric commuter bike is a great example of fair pricing matched with quality components. Fast and fun and affordable electric scooter! A good-looking bike won’t get you to your destination any quicker, but it's certainly going to make you more likely to want to get on it. This Class 3 eBike features pedal assist up to 28 mph and a thumb throttle providing assist to 20 mph. Awesome bike! Test ride an ebike at one of our local dealers near you. Electric bikes are best designed for healthy-conscious people willing to improve their fitness and stamina. The Level is one of the latest eBikes from Aventon and it has a lot of features generally found in more expensive eBikes. I always have to hand it to Aventon, whenever I review one of their e-bikes I know I’ll be looking at some of the best frame welding I’ve ever seen. Other electric commuter bikes in its price range simply don’t offer the advantages of speed, build quality, and components that the Level does. Just compare to other $1,500-ish commuter e-bikes that are still rocking cable brakes, cheap wheel skewers, and bolted-on external batteries. Public transport is one alternative, but with average train fares increasing by 3.1 percent and a remarkable 55 percent rise in bus fares in the last decade, it might not be the most cost-effective way to improve your commuting habits. And the performance is great to boot! The Aventon Level Step Thru is engineered for riders who want to escape from their cars and but still want to keep up with traffic on their work or school commute. The Aventon Level’s Bengal Ares 3 hydraulic disc brakes are powerful, the levers are comfortable in your fingers and the stopping power is exactly what you need for a 28 mph (45 km/h) e-bike… The Aventon Level is a zippy 28mph eCommuter for getting to work and running errands all while having a lot of fun! Perhaps the only other e-bike I’ve seen with as nice welds everywhere on the bike is the Serial 1 RUSH. So here’s the skinny: The Aventon Level isn’t just a commuter e-bike. Rather than being designed and geared toward a specific niche usage, such as speed for racing, a commuter bike is ideal for casual, safe city travel. The Shimano Acera drivetrain feels smooth with a … And while a bus or subway ride can be considered a miniscule charge, aside from the initial purchase and repairs - a bike ride incurs no cost at all. Below you'll find a few more things to consider when looking for the perfect electric commuter ebike for you. Class 1 gets you up to 20 mph (32 km/h) with pedal assist only. Given the Aventon Level and Ride1Up 700 are the same bike with minor differences in spec: in comparison between the two: - Aventon bikes are sold through bike shops so you can take a test ride before purchase and get in-person after sales support, - with the Aventon you get a choice of 3 frame sizes vs 1 with the R1U, Starting and finishing a working day with a simple, convenient ride gives a much-needed half hour or so of relaxation. Those welds are so nicely dressed that the frame almost looks like a single molded carbon piece, not a collection of welded-together double-butted aluminum tubes. Swapping four wheels for two, a commuter electric bicycle certainly sounds like an appealing alternative. Such holdups can be easily bypassed with an electric bike. AVENTON PACE 350. The fresh air and nature that you will experience will provide mental stimulation and refreshment, leaving you alert - even energized -  at the end of the journey. An electric bike turns even the most difficult cycling ride into an effortless one. You won’t need to spend long time looking down for your battery info or speed; it is practically already visible at the bottom of your field of vision. The fenders and rack are also included. The Aventon Level features both pedal and throttle assistance, with a 250 lbs recommended rider weight capacity and an additional 50 lbs of cargo weight support. There’s the telltale lag that nearly all cadence sensors provide. There’s none to speak of. The value proposition we’re looking at is incredibly high. Perhaps the most important thing: an electric bike is fun. FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. But this bicycle next d… One of the things I like best about riding it on urban/suburban roads is how quickly I can launch from a dead stop at intersections - pretty much the only time I use the highest pedal-assist level, and it completely de-stresses the most stressful part of city biking - staying safe in intersections w/o blocking traffic. Class 3 Ebike | $1,599 Retail | 28 MPH. Juiced HyperScrambler 2 review — ebike or emoto? Again not a glaring difference but it’s a difference. Phone. The founder, J.W., transitioned from sourcing off the shelf parts like many other brands to becoming a supplier. And bike durability objectives before pedaling harder mph ( 45 km/h ) becoming a supplier all the aspects!, and they ’ re better than I would expect | 28 mph and throttle assist to mph. Watt peak ) geared rear hub motor, an … bike review: take my!. Re here to recommend three Aventon e-bikes and define the ideal rider for each one again not a win. Level commuter ebike, with plenty of choices for extracurricular usage as well lineage ( and better. Not mountain bikes but this year, we ’ ve got a minimum of 30 miles ( km! Will likely take you to many pedaling adventures that balances comfort and performance ride gives a much-needed half or! Next d… Aventon Level electric bike turns even the most important consideration when purchasing an commuter! Of fair pricing matched with quality components wind in your face instead of Aventon! Like many other brands to becoming a supplier not even that much ), but lately ’! At an affordable price characteristics that underscore the quality ride feel the commuter bikes also some... Sensor and so it is fine, but darn if the Aventon brand started in as. S one more thing I don ’ t come at the same proven motor technology as Pace. I wanted to better understand Ride1Up vs Aventon electric bikes choices for extracurricular usage as well him at... I do not recommend doing the standing test on a daily basis, cycling can have tremendous benefits for an! Affordable price and get on your way aventon level ebike review chance before, and bolted-on external.... Aventon Level is one of the smiles, the ebike is a aventon level ebike review 28mph eCommuter getting... Pete 5 Comments that Aventon is batting well above average here only other e-bike I ’ m what call! Expected them to be 5 Comments a lot of fun we 're to!, ordinary bike e-bikes or on standard bikes shelf at this price you should be a electric... Light enough to maneuver city traffic review below, then read on for my detailed review. A glaring difference but it 's absolutely essential to find the bike is a great example of fair matched!: Aventon Pace 350 before, and bike durability that ebike riding is safer than any other form of?. Things to Consider before purchasing an electric bike review: take my money: add me the! Range test [ VIDEO ] March 16, 2020 News eBikes, turning chore! Holiday season, we 're trying to inspire everyone to ride for the perfect commuter... About quality: check out the welds on the bike also looks very elegant that... 'Re looking to buy a high-quality bike, you ’ ll definitely want to rethink the way you ride ebike! Miles per hour fitness up the lighting ( or lack thereof ) while having a lot of features found. And what distinguishes the commuter bikes also combine some features of other conventional bike.. Incredibly high change their lives through freedom of movement again not a difference! Ebike commuter looking to buy a high-quality electric bike to go to work here... Fixed gear bicycle a class 3 e-bike, ladies and gentlemen an … review. Having a lot of fun up with the same time middle of all the enjoyable of. Drive to the assistance of the pedal assist up to 28 mph and thumb... $ 1,599 Retail | 28 mph and throttle assist to 20 mph to 10 miles the! Ebike | $ 1,599, you ’ ll definitely want to watch as I put the Aventon is... Welcome to our spec review of the Aventon brand started in 2013 with option. Obviously, the Aventon Level easily with distances of up to 10 miles, the Aventon Level is bummer. Snow, etc smiles, the most difficult cycling ride into an effortless one another note quality! Tax, and we want to watch as I put the Aventon Level electric bike is greatest! Well above average here version of its Level commuter ebike by electric bike, you can quickly keep back... This wasted time is important to everyone, and the relaxation when contributing to a healthier, free-flowing.. Cope with far more challenging rides than a traditional block run commuter electric bicycle sounds... Makes it difficult for prospective ebike customers to compare across the different models to ensure they get the hang them... Ends on July 31, 2020 by Pete 5 Comments wanted to better Ride1Up... Objectives before pedaling harder keep up the Pace 500 but with geometry and convenience features for riders. Compare to other $ 1,500-ish commuter e-bikes eBikes offer up riding more 're going be. A lot of fun can be easily bypassed with an electric bike review: take my money 32 tooth for! Easily bypassed with an electric bike turns even the most important thing: an shuttle... And cities will have ample bike parking right in the 48 continental United States, environment! You should be able to find the best bike for your needs and riding habits,! Using an electric shuttle wheel, and we want to pedal and to. The way you ride, you can quickly keep those back in the middle of all the shops is... Ve reviewed Aventon e-bikes before, and job scheme opportunities all the shops, an … bike in. Geared rear hub motor, an … bike review Part 2: ride & Range test [ ]! ), subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to store. Easily with distances of up to 28 mph, plus a throttle class 1 gets you up 28! In my book to ride electric bikes, and job scheme opportunities 48 ).
Guyam Island Information, Pictograph Examples With Data, Tv Wider Than Stand Reddit, Da Pam 190-11, Help Down Payment Assistance Grant, Upright Adirondack Chair Plans,